Tuesday 15 March 2011

Tilly's Leg


About 15 staples
Well the bandage lasted reasonably well but this morning I noticed that she had licked and nibbled her way down to the staples. As a result some first aid practise was required by me with son number 1 as my able bodied assistant. While aforementioned son held the sharp end still, I had to carefully remove the old bandage (tricky were it had stuck to the wound) and then re-dress. First attempt looked secure enough but she was making a huge fuss about not being able to walk properly, so off it came and I re-dressed each wound seperately allowing the leg to bend. It was secured with gaffer tape(let's see her nibble through that). And nibble through it she did, at about 4am on Friday she woke me making a hell of a racket with a bandage flapping from her leg, so now its off. After a bit of licking she has decided to leave it alone and its looking good, about 15 staples and some nasty big cuts but she is healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment