Tuesday 15 March 2011

Ski Gear

Well it should have been simple but as usual I appear to have made a slight mess of things. I'm off nightshift on Monday morning and after a couple of hours in bed its up and at 'em. I walk the dog, check the chickens and cats and then I'm off to get Number two son from school (he finishes early today) and then off up to Glasgow to check out some second hand snowboards and boots. Had to detour via Dunlop to pick up a part for the log burner and then it started. The Google maps app sent us all around Will's mothers to get to the rendezvous with this chap off Ebay. After some wrong turns and lots of cursing we finally get there and check out the kit. Burton custom snowboard, Ride Tomcat bindings and a pair of Burton Ion boots (size 9.5). Louis tries the boots, they don't quite fit him but they do fit me! (Don't really need them but they are a bargain right). Any road up, I decide to make an offer for all of the kit (I'll keep the boots for me, well I plan to be a snowboarder one day). Trouble is, that is the budget spent and we have another board to see over in Livingston and Louis still has no boots. The journey to Livingston is along the M8 a straightforward run but the weather is atrocious. The chap we are meeting says call when at junction 3 so we do, no reply, nor is there any reply when we get to jct 3 or for the 30 mins we wait. Right that's it we're off. Back on the M8 heading west to Glasgow its now rush hour, the phone rings; "hi how's it going, are you there yet". It's snowboard man no.2. "It's not going very well actually, I'm on my way back to Glasgow after your no show". Turns out he gave me the wrong phone number, so hasty new arrangement and we exit again at jct 3a. This is the board Louis wants so we now have two snowboards a set of bindings and a pair of boots (that don't fit Louis), we still need a pair of boots and the budget? Well I'm working on my reasoning and excuses for the Memsahib. Never send a man to do a job where a little restraint is called for, especially if it"s a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment