Saturday 13 October 2012

Ben's first beach trip

On a reasonably bright Saturday afternoon we decided (the Memsahib and I) to take Ben to the beach. I say we decided, it was more our friends Hazel and Louise that decided to go (they also own the horse box) we decided to tag along with our fella. Ben has, I feel safe to say, not been to the beach before and once over the sand dunes he was playing around like a mad thing, dancing and prancing and he almost had me off into the sea. I managed to hold on to him for a while without falling off and then Louise decided to have a go on him. She had him cantering and galloping and pacing and dancing but he never once slowed down or eased up on the pulling. Eventually Louise got back on her horse, Mo and I got back on Ben. Although he was still pulling strongly I managed to control him on the way back to the lorry. The Memsahib had a ride on Louise's eventer, Dynamo and at the end of the afternoon we had all had a thoroughly good time, tally ho! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment