Sunday 7 August 2011

Crochet is relaxation?

Well, finally I have produced a granny square of my own without any supervision and no its not perfect, I see that now its finished but it is finished. Just towards the end I was starting to get the pattern right, I think. I have heard that crochet is supposed to be very relaxing because of the nature of the repetitive action required. It apparently can reduce your heart rate and bring down blood pressure, all good things. However, nobody mentioned the knotted (excuse the pun) shoulders and the furrowed brow that the concentration and effort would bring on. My shoulders feel like I have been humping and dumping cement sacks all day, not sitting in a comfortable chair with a hook and some yarn! I'm sure the shoulders will ease as I become more practised, provided I don't go into spasm and end up in A & E :-)
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment